Victims of Crime in Europe: the future is now! will be held in Lisbon, on the 13th and 14th of May 2015, at theCalouste Gulbenkian Foundation. It is the commemorative conference of thePortuguese Association for Victim Support’s (APAV) 25th anniversary and the 25th Annual Conference of Victim Support Europe.
The aim of the conference is to explore, from the perspective of victims and practitioners including judges, prosecutors, police and policy officials:
- The development of victims’ rights over the last 25 years; and
- The challenges and best practice faced in implementing EU victims’ rights with a particular focus on:
- The right to participation and information;
- The right to protection;
- The right to safeguards in Restorative Justice;
- The right to victim support services;
- Assisting victims with specific needs;
- The financial costs to the victim (expenses, legal aid, compensation);
- Prevention and unreported crime.